Pupil grants and loans are meant for students that are learning at e.g. university university, college or college that is vocational. If you should be avove the age of 20, you may also make an application for pupil funds and loans for studies at https://speedyloan.net/uk/payday-loans-esx compulsory and top additional degree at Komvux (adult training college) or people senior school.
Dining Table of articles
- Information because of the Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you’ll receive
- Needs and conditions
- Application, research payment and assurance
- Offer notification if you then become sick or if any such thing modifications
- Repaying the student loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The loan you need to pay off. You are able to elect to use entirely for the grant, should you not desire to simply take down a loan. The loan includes a low-value interest and will not need any protection, and you’re in a position to repay it more than a period that is long. In 2020, the interest rate is 0.16 %.
Information as a result of Corona virus
Read more how the Corona virus affect the pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you are able to get
just How big is the grants and figuratively speaking you can e.g receive depends. on
- your price of research (full-time or part-time)
- how many days you’re learning for
- the dimensions of your earnings.
|1 week, SEK||4 days, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other funds and loans that you could make an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow additional money.
- When you yourself have custody of children underneath the chronilogical age of 18, you’ll make an application for additional kid allowance.
- When you yourself have worked into the past and received a specific minimal earnings, you are able to make application for a additional loan. You are able to get this as of the you turn 25 year.
- You may receive an increased grant element in your student aid if you are studying at compulsory or upper secondary level and satisfy certain conditions. You’ll be able to get this if you should be studying on a complementary programme that is educational up to a subject teacherвЂ™s degree. Once you make an application for pupil funds and loans, CSN checks whether you’re eligible to the increased grant, so that you don’t need to make an application for it.
- When you yourself have extra expenses connected with your studies, it is possible to in some situations submit an application for an additional loan. As an example, you might have expenses for dual housing or even for specific trips.
When your earnings surpasses the earnings restriction
The earnings restriction temporarily eliminated during 2020
As a result of Corona crisis the earnings restriction is temporarily removed during 2020, if you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). This means your earnings during 2020 will perhaps maybe not influence just just just how much pupil funds and loans you are able to get.
You may possibly receive income up to a specific amount without your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The income limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. When your earnings surpasses the earnings limitation, you aren’t entitled to the exact same degree of funds and loans.
The earnings limitation will depend on exactly just exactly how weeks you might be learning for and whether you’re learning full-time or part-time. For instance, if you’re gonna learning full-time with pupil funds and loans for 20 days in a calendar half-year, the earnings restriction is SEK 90 075. You can view your earnings restriction within the choice you receive from CSN.
Needs and conditions
Different demands and conditions needs to be pleased to ensure that you to definitely be entitled to student help.
- The training you will be attending must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You should be registered in your courses.
- Your studies must certanly be at the very minimum 50 percent of full-time and must endure for at least three months.
- You must be below the age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases through the you turn 47 year.
- You might perhaps not get particular other advantages during the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as task help, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- It is possible to just get pupil funds and loans for a amount that is limited of. The amount of time is determined by the scholarly training degree which is why you might be learning:
- University college, college or other education that is post-secondary an optimum of 240 months
- Upper level that is secondary a optimum of 80 or 120 months, based on your past training
- Compulsory school degree: at the most 40, 80 or 100 days, dependent on your education that is previous and you might be learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. The demands regarding credits differ dependent on which program you might be studying.
- You may not receive student grants and loan if you have unpaid annual fees or demands for more than one period. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you’re planning to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for international residents
If you’re a international resident, you have to satisfy unique conditions to be entitled to Swedish pupil finance. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
When you have gotten a short-term residence license through the Swedish Migration Agency since you have refugee status or similar, you are additionally frequently entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules apply according to whether you’re a resident of the nation within or away from EU/EEA or Switzerland.